Casino da Povoa

Casino da Povoa is a neoclassical building from 30 's of the twentieth century in Póvoa de Varzim, where the game and various shows take place all year round.

The History of the Casino of Póvoa began in 1930, date on which it begins to build a feature neoclassical building, style French School of Garnier .

This work is the joint responsibility of the architect José Coelho and the Engineer Alberto Vilaça.

The Casino opens its doors to the public 1934 and quickly becomes a national reference taking into account the quality of cultural events promoted.